The Marana Police Department will be conducting DUI Saturation Patrols in conjunction with the Southern Arizona DUI Task Force during high school graduation and Memorial Day Weekend. Deployment dates are May 20-25.
A person under age 21 can be arrested simply for having alcohol in their system. Adults who host a party where alcoholic beverages are available to minors can face criminal charges under Arizona Law.
The Marana Police Department’s goal is to make this a safe graduation and Memorial Day Weekend for everyone. Officers will be proactive in their efforts to keep our roadways safe and stress the importance of having a designated sober driver and drinking responsibly.
We recommend the following:
- If you’re impaired, take a taxi, call a sober friend or family member or use public transportation so you are sure to get home safely.
- If you’re not sure whether you are impaired, make the safe choice and find a sober driver or ride.
- If you see an impaired driver on the road, don’t hesitate to call 911 and report that person.
- If you know someone who is about to drive while impaired, take his or her keys and help make other arrangements to get the person home safely.
- Always buckle up. Wearing a seatbelt is the best defense against an impaired driver.