The Marana Police Department will be conducting patrols in conjunction with the Southern Arizona DUI Task Force during St. Patrick’s Day Weekend from Friday through next Tuesday.
The goal is to make this a safe weekend for everyone, and prevent serious injuries and fatal collisions. Officers will be proactive in their efforts to prevent traffic accidents and stress the importance of having a designated sober driver and drinking responsibly.
The department recommends:
• If you’re impaired, use a taxi, call a sober friend or family member or use public transportation to get home safely.
• If you’re not sure whether you are impaired, make the safe choice and find a sober driver or ride.
• If you see an impaired driver on the road, don’t hesitate to call 911 and report the driver.
• If you know someone who is about to drive while impaired, take his or her keys and help him or her make other arrangements.
• Always buckle up. Wearing a seatbelt is the best defense against an impaired driver.